Friday, 22 August 2014

懒人烘焙法(巧克力蛋糕)Simple recipe for chocolate cake

记得最后一次做巧克力蛋糕是十年前的事了,那时我四年级。

小学生活就是悠哉闲哉的,总喜欢做些吃的。记得一次就是不懂发什么疯一连几天做了几个巧克力蛋糕。

有一次做了蛋糕兴致勃勃拿去打球给朋友吃,不懂谁第二天跑来和我说吃了蛋糕之后肚子痛。Zzzzzz  从此信心大受打击结果这十年来都没有再做过巧克力蛋糕了。


今天我老姐生日,妹妹早几天就跟我讨论说要做个蛋糕给姐姐。我们琢磨琢磨,老姐平时爱吃巧克力了,所以就索性做巧克力蛋糕。


我上网找了一下,给我在BBC看到了最简单的烘焙法----把所有材料混合一起再用打蛋器搅匀就行了。


我最怕就是那些要把蛋白加糖打到倒扣在头顶上也不会掉下来的那种。每次都要打上半至一个小时@@

为了给姐姐惊喜我和妹妹四点多就爬起床。刚睡醒懵懵懂懂的在厨房真的搞了很多乌龙,手忙脚乱的,又不懂老妈把材料放去哪里了,又怕打蛋机太吵吵醒姐姐(结果她还完全没被吵醒过lol)

还好最后还是顺利搞定了。

全程不到一个小时。哈哈




Baking has never been my forte. The last time I baked a chocolate cake was when I was 10. I never baked chocolate cake since that.

It just happened that we decided to bake a chocolate cake for our dearest jiejie as her birthday cake so I came across this on BBC while searching my ideal recipe for a moist and fudgy chocolate cake.


 It is absolutely simple and easy even for amateurs. Me myself is not a professional cook and I seldom bake some more yet I found this recipe is perfect for birthday and this great recipe is for foolproof chocolate cake.Good thing is worth sharing so I decided to share it to those who want to try baking a chocolate cake.


I modified a bit the recipe to reduce the sweetness to improve the healthy level of the cake and add a layer of blueberries filling to enhance the flavour. 



For the ingredients,you don't have to stick to the measurement so accurately. If you are a science student you should know there is always random errors while taking measurements and 20% of percentage error is acceptable :P  



Ingredients

For the cake
  • 225g/8oz plain flour

  • 350g/12½oz caster sugar (I used 250g of sugar yet It is still
  •  too sweet for me,I would like to cut down the amount to 
  • 200g next time)

  • 85g/3oz cocoa powder

  • 1½ tsp baking powder

  • 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda

  • 2 free-range eggs (any kind of eggs will do,dont have to so
  •  particular about the eggs)

  • 250ml/9fl oz milk

  • 125ml/4½fl oz vegetable oil (I used olive oil)

  • 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional,you can add some lemon zest
  • too)

  • 250ml/9fl oz boiling water



For the chocolate ganache(toppings) 
  • 200g/7oz plain chocolate
  • 200ml/7fl oz double cream(whipping cream)
  • (since the ganache turned out to be too thick and I would like to 
  • make it a bit runnier so I added half cup of fresh milk)



Preparation Method :

1.Preheat the oven to 180C and the grease the cake tin (I 

suggest to put the parchment paper at the base of the 

tin,it works better)

2.Add all the ingredients for the cake except Boiling Water into a mixing bowl and mix well.

3.Add the boiling water to the mixture, a little at a time, until smooth. (The cake mixture will now be very liquid.)

4. Put the cake batter into the cake, then put it into the oven and start baking. (As for the baking time it really depends on what kind of tin you are using,for deeper tin you got to heat it for about 1 hour.for shallower 
tin(divide the cake batter into two cake tins) you just need about 25-35minutes) 

5. To test whether the cake is done: make sure the top is firm to the touch and a chopstick inserted into the centre

of the cake comes out clean. (If the chopstick comes out

 with some batter on it, you got to extend the time)



6. Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool completely, still in their tins, before icing.

7. Heat the chocolate and whipping cream using a water bath until the chocolate melts and become smooth and glossy.

8.Pour it over the cake.

9. Decorate the cake in whatever way you like (I used strawberries since personally I think it is the best to serve together with chocolate)

Reminder-baking soda and baking powder will react with water to release carbon dioxide which give the cake a good rise and spongy soft texture.You should not leave the batter in the tin too long after mixing or else some of the CO2 will escape and end up to have a hard cake




it is really simple. If you hate reading lines of words,watch this clip :D

this special and cute cake tin I found in the baking ingredients shop

but it turned out a bit cacat since the ganache does not spread evenly.It was too thick.




Tadaaa,birthday girl in the house! the cake looks better in dim light.xP




No comments:

Post a Comment